Using only the finest resins, natural ingredients and aromatherapy oils, Lycon delivers superior performance, removing stubborn hair as short as 1mm.
The elite Lycon brand offers a choice of Hot Wax, Strip Wax and Lycon’s unique Lycojet waxes, complemented by pre and post waxing lotions, retail homecare products and accessories, allowing the right combination to be tailored for total customer satisfaction.
Lycon is the professional’s choice in quality wax and an essential ingredient in leading salons around the world.
At Buff and Bare hot wax is mainly used for sensitive areas like bikini, underarms and facial area, as the hair in those areas are much stronger. Hot wax is applied thicker and it is higher in temperature. It sits on the skin, cools down and solidifies to be pulled off without a strip. Due to higher temperature it helps to relax hair follicles and sedate nerve endings thus making it more comfortable experience.
Strip wax is applied in a very thin layer on the skin, a strip is then placed over the wax and it’s pulled off removing the hair.Strip wax is best for larger areas like legs and arms, where the hair is superficial and not so strong. It is quick and cost effective.
After your wax, the hair follicles are still open and the skin is tender and sensitive.\
- No tanning for the next 24hrs
- Avoid tight clothing – wearing tight clothing will lead to irritated skin. Sweating after your waxing treatment will increase a chance of infection
- No hot baths, steam or swimming – the hair follicles are open so going to the swimming pool will only invite everything and anything into the hair follicles to be absorbed. Any more heat on the waxed area will irritate the skin and possibly burn
- No gym – sweating will only increase a chance of infection
- No sex – friction will irritate the skin and may cause infection
- No sunbathing or sun beds
Absolutely! We have a lot of pregnant ladies waxing wright up to the due date. In fact, a lot of them say it is very handy to have no hair down there for the birth. Even if you are not showing yet, make sure you tell your therapist at the consultation stage that you are expecting. You might be more sensitive than normal, therefore we make sure that we perform the treatment at your pace.*We are not able to treat in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy